Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary, Chirk, Wrexham

formerly in: Denbighshire


Diocese of St Asaph

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ29143763

Church (Anglican)

Medieval. Remodelled probably fifteenth century and again 1828-9; subsequent restoration 1877. Some seventeenth and eighteenth century work and monuments.

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Mary, Chirk, Wrexham on Google



Works at this site:
Baptism of Jesus, Nativity, Ascension, Meal at Emmaus
Church of St Mary, Chirk, Wrexham
east wall of the north aisle
David, Isaiah, the Virgin Mary, the Adoration
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe
about 1904
Church of St Mary, Chirk, Wrexham
east wall of the south chancel

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database





 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019