Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Tysoi, Llansoy, Monmouthshire


Diocese of Monmouth

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO44220240

Church (Anglican)

Medieval church of the fifteenth century, with some restoration work of 1858 by J.P. Seddon. Simple plan with nave, chancel and south porch and vestry to the north. The tower is seventeenth century.

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Tysoi, Llansoy, Monmouthshire on Google



Works at this site:
  East Window East Window
about 1858
Church of St Tysoi, Llansoy, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel
  Christ the Light of the World with the Virgin Mary and St Peter Christ the Light of the World with the Virgin Mary and St Peter
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
probably 1920s
Church of St Tysoi, Llansoy, Monmouthshire
south wall of the chancel
  Christ the Good Shepherd with the Sower Christ the Good Shepherd with the Sower
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
probably 1920s
Church of St Tysoi, Llansoy, Monmouthshire
north wall of the nave
  Genesis Window Genesis Window
artist: Geoffrey Robinson
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
1988
Church of St Tysoi, Llansoy, Monmouthshire
south wall of the nave

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database





 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019