Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Ffinan, Llanffinan, Anglesey


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH495755
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Small church built in a simple Romanesque style by John Welch in 1841. The interior has box pews and retains its west gallery. The early font has a carved interlace pattern.

Works at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
1936
Church of St Ffinan, Llanffinan, Anglesey
east wall
  The Risen Christ The Risen Christ
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
1936
Church of St Ffinan, Llanffinan, Anglesey
south wall
  Virgin and Child Virgin and Child
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
1935
Church of St Ffinan, Llanffinan, Anglesey
north wall



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Ffinan, Llanffinan, Anglesey height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017