Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Margaret, Merthyr Tydfil

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO051062
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Chapel (Spiritualist)
Originally built as a Unitarian Chapel in 1821, St Margaret's was rebuilt in 1901 in an Art Nouveau Gothic style by E.A. Johnson.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Edwin Arthur Johnson


Works at this site:
  Christ the Good Shepherd with the Four Evangelists Christ the Good Shepherd with the Four Evangelists
about 1902
Church of St Margaret, Merthyr Tydfil
rear wall
  Decorative Windows Decorative Windows
about 1901
Church of St Margaret, Merthyr Tydfil
side walls




Other sites at Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan
Church of St David
Church of St Tydfil

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017