Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary, Undy, Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST439869
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
St Mary's Undy was considerably altered in the nineteenth century, including the restoration in 1880 by John Prichard. Some medieval features remain, including the west window of about 1300, and Prichard retained the medieval east window and south window in the chancel. The church has an early thirteenth font and a fourteenth century bell.

Church website

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Prichard


Works at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1884
Church of St Mary, Undy, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel
  Memorial Window Memorial Window
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1982
Church of St Mary, Undy, Monmouthshire
north wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Mary, Undy, Monmouthshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017