Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Gastyn, Llangasty-Talyllyn, Powys

formerly in: Brecknockshire


Diocese of Swansea and Brecon

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO13312613

Church of St Gastyn, Llangasty-Talyllyn, Powys Llangasty_DSC7120A.jpg Photo © Martin Crampin

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image


Church (Anglican)

Church built on an early Christian site perhaps dating back to the fifth century. The present church of St Gastyn (or Gastayn) is however a Victorian church designed by the young John Loughborough Pearson, for Robert Raikes of Treberfydd in 1848-50. Raikes intended the church to be an example of the Tractarian liturgical ideas, and the interior still reflects this.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Parish website

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Gastyn, Llangasty-Talyllyn, Powys on Google



People associated with this site
   as architect: John Loughborough Pearson


Works at this site:
  Christ with the Virgin Mary and St John Christ with the Virgin Mary and St John
firm/studio: William Wailes
1849
Church of St Gastyn, Llangasty-Talyllyn, Powys
east wall of the chancel

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database
Church of St Gastyn, Llangasty-Talyllyn, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019