Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys

formerly in: Brecknockshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO039510
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church, of which only the fourteenth century tower survives. The church was rebuilt in 1793, but subsequently replaced in 1873-5 by John Norton.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Norton


Works at this site:
Scenes from the Passion of Christ
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe
1903
Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys
east wall of the chancel
The Annunciation with the Adoration of the Shepherds
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
1945
Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys
west wall of the nave
Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1945
Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys
west wall of the south aisle
Christ's Commission to the Disciples
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1945
Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys
north wall of the nave
The Transfiguration
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
about 1893
Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys
south wall of the south aisle



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017