Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Mount Pleasant Congregational Church, Pontypool, Torfaen

formerly in: Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO283006
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Chapel (Independent)
Chapel originally built as a United Reformed Church in 1855 and rebuilt in 1903-4 by Swash & Bain of Newport. Gothic style, with a substantial battlemented tower, Mount Pleasant Church had been closed for some years but is now occasionally used for concerts and events.

Works at this site:
  Christ in the House of Martha and Mary and with Women and Children Christ in the House of Martha and Mary and with Women and Children
firm/studio: Swaine Bourne & Son
about 1904
Mount Pleasant Congregational Church, Pontypool, Torfaen
(liturgical) east wall of the chancel
  Christ the Good Shepherd and Christ the Light of the World Christ the Good Shepherd and Christ the Light of the World
artist: T. W. Camm
about 1904
Mount Pleasant Congregational Church, Pontypool, Torfaen
(liturgical) south wall
  The Holy Family The Holy Family
firm/studio: John Hall & Sons
about 1936
Mount Pleasant Congregational Church, Pontypool, Torfaen
(liturgical) south wall



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Mount Pleasant Congregational Church, Pontypool, Torfaen height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017