Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of All Saints, Buttington, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ250088
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church (largely fourteenth century) but dating back to at least 1265. Timber work of fifteenth century. Porch 1686. Restored 1876. The font is a former capital from Strata Marcella Abbey, which was nearby. The reredos was carved by Revd R.J. Roberts, Vicar 1879-86.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Works at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
1874
Church of All Saints, Buttington, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  Medieval Fragments Medieval Fragments
probably late-fifteenth century or early-sixteenth century, restored about 1874
Church of All Saints, Buttington, Powys
west wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017