Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel Rhydithon, Powys

formerly in: Radnorshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO151667
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Nineteenth-century church replacing the medieval building, the tower and nave of 1838 by B. Wishlade and the chancel enlarged and rebuilt in 1891 by S.W. Williams.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: Stephen W. Williams


Works at this site:
  Peter's Commission Peter's Commission
firm/studio: Robert J. Newbery
1907
Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel Rhydithon, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  St Cecilia and St Francis St Cecilia and St Francis
artist: Howard Martin
artist: Hubert Thomas
1939
Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel Rhydithon, Powys
south wall of the nave
  St Michael and St David St Michael and St David
firm/studio: Robert J. Newbery
about 1922
Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel Rhydithon, Powys
south wall of the nave
  St George and St Patrick St George and St Patrick
about 1944
Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel Rhydithon, Powys
north wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel Rhydithon, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017