Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Beuno, Berriew, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ187008
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church originally built in in 1802, replacing a medieval building. The church was substantially rebuilt in 1875 by Edward Haycock of Shrewsbury, which gave the a Gothic character to the church.

Works at this site:
  The Transfiguration The Transfiguration
firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
about 1859
Church of St Beuno, Berriew, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  Christ the Good Shepherd Christ the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
about 1907
Church of St Beuno, Berriew, Powys
south wall of the sanctuary
  Angels of the Resurrection Angels of the Resurrection
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
designer: Read
1907
Church of St Beuno, Berriew, Powys
west wall (tower)



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Beuno, Berriew, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017