Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Matthew, Newport

formerly in: Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST319886
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Church built by local architects Graham & Hitchcox in 1891-2. Painted work in the east apse by A.R. Henderson and good stained glass. The nave has been partitioned with the west end used as a hall.

Works at this site:
  The Four Evangelists with Saints and Angels The Four Evangelists with Saints and Angels
firm/studio: Samuel Evans & Co.
about 1919
Church of St Matthew, Newport
east wall of the sanctuary
  King David King David
firm/studio: Samuel Evans & Co.
about 1919
Church of St Matthew, Newport
north wall of the nave (now converted to a hall)
  King Solomon King Solomon
firm/studio: Samuel Evans & Co.
1931
Church of St Matthew, Newport
north wall of the nave (now converted to a hall)




Other sites at Newport, Monmouthshire
Church of St John the Baptist
Church of St Patrick
Church of St Paul
Llanthewy Road Baptist Church
St Woolos' Cathedral
Synagogue
Victoria Road United Reformed Church

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017