Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Elidyr, Crunwere, Pembrokeshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN186107

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church rebuilt in 1847-8, although the tower is substantially medieval. The site may be early medieval, as the church is mentioned in twelfth century Llandaff Charters. A further restoration was undertaken by T. David of Laugharne. The church has been closed and was made redundant in 2009.

For further information and photographs of Crunwere church taken recently after closure see Church blog.

Works at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Resurrection and Ascension The Crucifixion with the Resurrection and Ascension
firm/studio: William Wailes
about 1878
Church of St Elidyr, Crunwere, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1950
Church of St Elidyr, Crunwere, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave (baptistry)
  Harvest Window Harvest Window
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1954
Church of St Elidyr, Crunwere, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Elidyr, Crunwere, Pembrokeshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017