formerly in: Caernarfonshire
Diocese of Bangor (formerly: Bangor)
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SH41454970
Photo © Martin Crampinlarger image
Late fifteenth-century church, the nave of about 1500, with further additions in the early sixteenth century. Clynnog Fawr was established by Beuno, and his cult was established there, although nothing of the earlier medieval buildings survive. Various restorations in 1848-56 and during the first half of the twentieth century, some of which was under the supervision of Harold Hughes.
| Christian Symbols |
second half of the nineteenth century
Church of St Beuno, Clynnog-fawr, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel
Photo © Martin Crampin