Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Tydecho, Cemmaes, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


Diocese of Bangor

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH83980623

Church of St Tydecho, Cemmaes, Powys Cemaes_DSC3919A.jpg Photo © Martin Crampin

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image


Church (Anglican)

Late medieval church heavily restored in the nineteenth century, the interior was altered in 1902. However the roof dates from the fifteenth century and the porch is dated 1742.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Tydecho, Cemmaes, Powys on Google



Works at this site:
  The Crucifixion, Resurrection and Ascension The Crucifixion, Resurrection and Ascension
1864
Church of St Tydecho, Cemmaes, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  Peter's Commission and Christ Anointed at Bethany Peter's Commission and Christ Anointed at Bethany
firm/studio: Ward & Hughes
1889
Church of St Tydecho, Cemmaes, Powys
west wall of the nave
  St Melangell St Melangell
artist: Mary Lowndes
1905
Church of St Tydecho, Cemmaes, Powys
south wall of the nave



Church of St Tydecho, Cemmaes, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019