Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Michael, Cwmystwyth, Ceredigion

formerly in: Cardiganshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN768736

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
The Church of St Michael, or Eglwys Newydd, was designed by James Wyatt in 1803 for Thomas Johnes of Hafod. Devasted by fire in 1932, it was restored by W.D. Caröe in 1933.

People associated with this site
   as architect: W. D. Caröe


Works at this site:
  The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
1933
Church of St Michael, Cwmystwyth, Ceredigion
east wall of the chancel
  Glass Fragments Glass Fragments
probably sixteenth century
Church of St Michael, Cwmystwyth, Ceredigion
chancel, either side of the sanctuary



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Michael, Cwmystwyth, Ceredigion height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
Hafod_DSC2500A.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017