Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Gwynan, Dwygyfylchi, Conwy

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


Diocese of Bangor 

Church of St Gwynan, Dwygyfylchi, Conwy Dwygyfylchi_DSC3553A.jpg Photo © Martin Crampin

Photo © Martin Crampin


larger image


Church (Anglican)

The church of St Gwynan, or traditionally St Gwynin, is on a medieval site, the church rebuilt in 1760, and again in the 1880s by the Cardiff architect E.M. Bruce Vaughan, the church being re-consecrated in September 1889. The cost of building and furnishing (presumably including the stained glass and reredos) was 2,176.13s4d.

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


People associated with this site
   as architect: E. M. Bruce Vaughan


Works at this site:
  The Crucifixion, Resurrection and Ascension The Crucifixion, Resurrection and Ascension
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
about 1889
Church of St Gwynan, Dwygyfylchi, Conwy
chancel apse
  Baptism Window Baptism Window
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
about 1889
Church of St Gwynan, Dwygyfylchi, Conwy
west wall of the nave
  Welsh Saints Welsh Saints
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
about 1889
Church of St Gwynan, Dwygyfylchi, Conwy
north and south walls of the nave

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH73687732



Search for further information about Church of St Gwynan, Dwygyfylchi, Conwy on Google


View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Gwynan, Dwygyfylchi, Conwy height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024