Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel-ar-arth, Carmarthenshire


Diocese of St Davids

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN45613992

Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel-ar-arth, Carmarthenshire LlanfarArth_DSC0103A.jpg Photo © Martin Crampin

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image


Church (Anglican)

Double-naved medieval church, the southern nave added in the fifteenth century. Restored in 1877 by David Davies. Some inscribed stones from the fifth-ninth centuries are kept in the church.

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel-ar-arth, Carmarthenshire on Google



Works at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
1913
Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel-ar-arth, Carmarthenshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Ascension The Ascension
artist: Gabriel Loire
1995
Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel-ar-arth, Carmarthenshire
south wall of the south aisle
  Christ the Good Shepherd Christ the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Glantawe Studios
designer: Colwyn Morris
2003
Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel-ar-arth, Carmarthenshire
north wall

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database
Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel-ar-arth, Carmarthenshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019