Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Sadwrn, Henllan, Denbighshire


Diocese of St Asaph 

Church (Anglican)

Medieval church substantially rebuilt in 1807-9. It was further restored and altered internally in 1878-9, at a cost of 1900, when the chancel was demarcated, the pulpit constructed and the entire church refloored. However, the detached bell tower is substantially medieval.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Works at this site:
image not available The Adoration of the Shepherds
about 1879
Church of St Sadwrn, Henllan, Denbighshire
east wall of the chancel
image not available The Crucifixion and Resurrection
firm/studio: William Miller
about 1863
Church of St Sadwrn, Henllan, Denbighshire
south wall of the chancel
image not available Christ with Nathaniel
firm/studio: William Miller
about 1855
Church of St Sadwrn, Henllan, Denbighshire
south wall of the nave

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ02246818



Search for further information about Church of St Sadwrn, Henllan, Denbighshire on Google


View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024