Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary, Pennard, Swansea

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS565887
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church dating back to the fourteenth century with some survivals from the original thirteenth century church, which was located near the castle and became overwhelmed by sand. Restored in 1847.

Works at this site:
  Virgin and Child with Christ the Good Shepherd Virgin and Child with Christ the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: T. F. Curtis, Ward & Hughes
1914
Church of St Mary, Pennard, Swansea
east wall of the chancel
  St Gabriel St Gabriel
1931
Church of St Mary, Pennard, Swansea
south wall of the sanctuary
  Virgin and Child Virgin and Child
1938
Church of St Mary, Pennard, Swansea
south wall of the chancel
  Millennium Window Millennium Window
artist: John Edwards
firm/studio: Glantawe Studios
2000
Church of St Mary, Pennard, Swansea
south wall of the nave
  St Anthony and St Michael St Anthony and St Michael
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: J. Blackford
1948
Church of St Mary, Pennard, Swansea
north wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Mary, Pennard, Swansea height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017