Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Cynon, Tregynon, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO096987
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Fifteenth century church, although the doorway is fourteenth century, perhaps on an early medieval site. Restored in 1787 and again in 1893, under the guidance of the local estate agent, William Scott Owen.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Works at this site:
  Christ in Majesty with Saints and Angels Christ in Majesty with Saints and Angels
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
1875
Church of St Cynon, Tregynon, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  St Dorothea, St Benedict and an Angel St Dorothea, St Benedict and an Angel
artist: Leonard Walker
1922
Church of St Cynon, Tregynon, Powys
south wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Cynon, Tregynon, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017