Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Beuno, Betws Cedewain, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO12279682
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church, said to have been founded by Beuno in the sixth century and dating back to at least the thirtenth century. The tower dates from the 1520s. Nave rebuilt in 1868 by W.E. Nesfield.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: William Eden Nesfield


Works at this site:
  Scenes from the Life of Christ Scenes from the Life of Christ
firm/studio: William Wailes
about 1868
Church of St Beuno, Betws Cedewain, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  Glass Fragments Glass Fragments
sixteenth-seventeenth century, with later additions, set in about 1860
Church of St Beuno, Betws Cedewain, Powys
south wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Beuno, Betws Cedewain, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
BettwsCedewain_DSC1400A.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017