Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Canna, Llangan, Vale of Glamorgan

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS957778
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church, but heavily restored in the 1860s. A fine fifteenth century cross stands in the churchyard, as does a large early medieval wheel cross head.

Works at this site:
Ascending Christ with Revd David Jones and St Canna
artist: William Glasby
1932
Church of St Canna, Llangan, Vale of Glamorgan
east wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017