Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS065976
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church dating back to the thirteenth century with additions in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries. However the tower is of around 1150. Several restorations in the nineteenth century.

Works at this site:
  Christ the Good Shepherd with Angels Christ the Good Shepherd with Angels
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
1902
Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
 The Martyrdom of St James the Great The Martyrdom of St James the Great
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
1902
Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the chancel
  Angels with the Alpha and Omega Angels with the Alpha and Omega
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
1902
Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the south transept
  View of the Bay near Manorbier View of the Bay near Manorbier
artist: P. Hughes
1995
Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire
west end of the south aisle
  Angel with Sheep Angel with Sheep
artist: P. Hughes
about 1995
Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the south aisle
  Two Saints Two Saints
artist: P. Hughes
about 1985
Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire
  The Risen Christ with Servicemen The Risen Christ with Servicemen
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
1918
Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire
west wall of the nave
  Master Richard and Lady Margaret Tudor Master Richard and Lady Margaret Tudor
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
perhaps 1920s
Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire
west wall of the north aisle
  St Cecilia and Faith St Cecilia and Faith
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: Ernest Penwarden
about 1923
Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the north aisle
  St Agnes St Agnes
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: Ernest Penwarden
about 1925
Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the sanctuary



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
Manorbier_DSC5246.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017