Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Stephen, Old Radnor, Powys

formerly in: Radnorshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO250591
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church situated near the border of Wales and England, in the Diocese of Hereford. Much of the church dates to the fifteenth century. Some restoration in 1872 and again in 1882 by Frederick Preedy of Worcester, when the east end of the chancel was rebuilt.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: Frederick Preedy


Works at this site:
  Scenes from the Life of Christ and St Stephen Scenes from the Life of Christ and St Stephen
firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
1882
Church of St Stephen, Old Radnor, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  St Catherine of Alexandria St Catherine of Alexandria
about 1461-1483
Church of St Stephen, Old Radnor, Powys
east wall of the vestry
  The Empty Tomb The Empty Tomb
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
1914
Church of St Stephen, Old Radnor, Powys
north wall of the north aisle
  Patterned Quarries Patterned Quarries
probably second half of the nineteenth century
Church of St Stephen, Old Radnor, Powys
west wall of the south aisle



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Stephen, Old Radnor, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017