Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Cynderyn, Llanasa, Flintshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ106814

Church (Anglican)
Double-naved church built in the fifteenth century, although it replaced an earlier building, perhaps an early medieval foundation. The church underwent a major restoration in 1877.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Works at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
restorer: J. Bell
early sixteenth century, restored in 1877
Church of St Cynderyn, Llanasa, Flintshire
east wall of the south nave
  St Catherine, St James the Great, St Laurence and a Bishop St Catherine, St James the Great, St Laurence and a Bishop
restorer: J. Bell
early sixteenth century, restored in 1877
Church of St Cynderyn, Llanasa, Flintshire
east wall of the north nave
  St Barnabas St Barnabas
artist: Molly Kettlewell
1979
Church of St Cynderyn, Llanasa, Flintshire
north wall of the north nave chancel
  Fishes    from    Memorial Windows Fishes
from Memorial Windows

firm/studio: Recclesia Stained Glass
2010
Church of St Cynderyn, Llanasa, Flintshire
west wall of the north nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017