Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Michael the Archangel, Abertillery, Caerphilly

formerly in: Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SO2104
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
First church 1853-54 by John Norton. Replaced 1898-9 by C B Fowler of Cardiff. Chancel 1905-06.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Charles Busteed Fowler


Works at this site:
  The Transfiguration The Transfiguration
firm/studio: Michael and Arthur O'Connor
1854
Church of St Michael the Archangel, Abertillery, Caerphilly
(liturgical) north wall
  The Ascension The Ascension
firm/studio: Mayer & Co.
about 1891
Church of St Michael the Archangel, Abertillery, Caerphilly
east wall
  Virgin and Child Between St Anne and St Elizabeth Virgin and Child Between St Anne and St Elizabeth
firm/studio: Bristow Wadley & Co. Ltd.
1940
Church of St Michael the Archangel, Abertillery, Caerphilly
Lady Chapel, south aisle



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Michael the Archangel, Abertillery, Caerphilly height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017