Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Chapel of Our Lady and St Non, St Davids, Pembrokeshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SM75222435
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Roman Catholic)
Chapel built in 1934, designed by the local architect David Thomas. St Non's Chapel was built as a direct response to the resurgence of pilgrimage to St David's Cathedral by the Roman Catholic Church, located near to St Non's Well and a ruined medieval chapel on the cliffs, to the south of St Davids.

Works at this site:
  St Non and the Arrival of St Non and St David in Brittany St Non and the Arrival of St Non and St David in Brittany
firm/studio: William Morris & Co (Westminster)
1920
Chapel of Our Lady and St Non, St Davids, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
St Bride
1934
Chapel of Our Lady and St Non, St Davids, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the chancel
St Winefride
1934
Chapel of Our Lady and St Non, St Davids, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the chancel
St David
1934
Chapel of Our Lady and St Non, St Davids, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the chancel
St Bride
1934
Chapel of Our Lady and St Non, St Davids, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the chancel




Other sites at St Davids, Pembrokeshire
St David's Cathedral
Tabernacl

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017