Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Cystennin, Llangystennin, Conwy

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH822792
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Lynne Davis

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church of Cystennin, or Gwstenin, built in the 1840s by Thomas Jones of Chester, replacing the older church on the same site. Medieval glass fragments from the church are in store in Llandudno Museum.

Works at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and Saints The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and Saints
firm/studio: Herbert Bryans
about 1904
Church of St Cystennin, Llangystennin, Conwy
east wall of the chancel
  The Resurrection The Resurrection
artist: Christopher Charles Powell
1929
Church of St Cystennin, Llangystennin, Conwy
south wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Cystennin, Llangystennin, Conwy height=

Photo © Lynne Davis








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017