formerly in: Cardiganshire
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SN57635860
Church built in 1887, reusing some walls from an earlier building of 1838, The dedication was to Gwynlleu or Gwynllen, who an perhaps be equated with Gwynllyw of Newport. Daniel Rowland was curate here and at Llangeitho from 1735 until 1764. Closed and stripped of its fittings in 2005. Windows relocated to nearby Trefilan and Llanarth.
There are no works in the database for this site.View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database
| Gwynllyw Kneels Before an Angel|
from Scenes from the Life of St Gwynllyw
firm/studio: Camm & Co.
Church of St Hilary, Trefilan, Ceredigion
south wall of the nave
| Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World |
Church of St David, Llanarth, Ceredigion
south wall of the chancel