Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St David, Llanarth, Ceredigion

formerly in: Cardiganshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SN4257

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval or possibly earlier site, and formerly dedicated to St Fyllteg or Byllteg. Ninth-tenth century inscribed stone hints at possible foundation date. Tower fifteenth century. Body of church rebuilt within earlier walls 1871-2 by R.J. Withers. Twelfth century lion font of exceptional interest, though in poor condition.

Works at this site:
  St George St George
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1955
Church of St David, Llanarth, Ceredigion
south wall of the nave
  Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World
Church of St David, Llanarth, Ceredigion
south wall of the chancel
  Christ in Majesty with St David and St Deiniol Christ in Majesty with St David and St Deiniol
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
1925
Church of St David, Llanarth, Ceredigion
east wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St David, Llanarth, Ceredigion height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017