Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary, Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN408067
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
The Benedictine Priory was founded in about 1110 and dissolved in 1539. The church was restored in 1885-9 by Middleton & Prothero of Cheltenham.

For about the medieval history of the church see the Monastic Wales website.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Prothero and Phillott


Works at this site:
  The Transfiguration with Saints The Transfiguration with Saints
artist: Christopher Charles Powell
1939
Church of St Mary, Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire
east wall of the chancel
  Scenes from the Life of Christ with Apostles and Archangels Scenes from the Life of Christ with Apostles and Archangels
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
designer: Howard Martin
1960
Church of St Mary, Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire
west wall of the nave
  Scenes from the Life of Christ Scenes from the Life of Christ
artist: Christopher Charles Powell
about 1936
Church of St Mary, Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire
south wall of the south transept
  St Cecilia with Choristers St Cecilia with Choristers
Church of St Mary, Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire
south wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Mary, Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
Cydweli_2.jpgCydweli_3.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017