Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary, Burry Port, Carmarthenshire


Diocese of St Davids 

Church of St Mary, Burry Port, Carmarthenshire Burry Port_DSC3913.jpg © University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, photo Martin Crampin

© University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, photo Martin Crampin


larger image


Church (Anglican)

Built for the Elkington family of Birmingham, whose copperworks was established near the harbour. Designed by Wilson, Wilcox & Wilson of Bath at a cost of 7,000 and opened in 1877.

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Works at this site:
  The Ascension The Ascension
firm/studio: probably Heaton, Butler & Bayne
about 1877
Church of St Mary, Burry Port, Carmarthenshire
east wall of the chancel
 The Church Triumphant The Church Triumphant
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1978
Church of St Mary, Burry Port, Carmarthenshire
west wall of the nave
  Christ Teaching His Disciples Christ Teaching His Disciples
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1961
Church of St Mary, Burry Port, Carmarthenshire
south wall of the south aisle
  Virgin and Child with St Illtud Virgin and Child with St Illtud
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd.
1949
Church of St Mary, Burry Port, Carmarthenshire
south wall of the south aisle
  Christ with Mother and Children Christ with Mother and Children
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1963
Church of St Mary, Burry Port, Carmarthenshire
north wall of the north aisle
  Creation Window Creation Window
artist: Janet Hardy
2000
Church of St Mary, Burry Port, Carmarthenshire
north wall of the north aisle

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN45320105



Search for further information about Church of St Mary, Burry Port, Carmarthenshire on Google


View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Mary, Burry Port, Carmarthenshire height=

© University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, photo Martin Crampin








 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024