Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Gwyddelan, Dolwyddelan, Conwy

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH736523

Church (Anglican)
Church built in about 1500, replacing an earlier building. The south chapel was added later in the sixteenth century by Robert Wynne.

Church history

Works at this site:
  Medieval Fragments Medieval Fragments
about 1512
Church of St Gwyddelan, Dolwyddelan, Conwy
east wall of the chancel
  St Christopher St Christopher
about 1512
Church of St Gwyddelan, Dolwyddelan, Conwy
north wall of the chancel








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017