Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ18537607
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Roman Catholic)
Roman Catholic church originally built in 1832-3 by J.J. Scoles, oriented to the west. The church was re-opened in 1860 following redecoration, and the church was extended with the addition of St Winefride's chapel in 1909. The Lady Chapel was added in 1911-12.

Works at this site:
  Christ with Chalice and Host Christ with Chalice and Host
artist: Trena Cox
1931
Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
sanctuary
  Purgatory Purgatory
Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
(liturgical) east wall of the (liturgical) north transept (Chapel of St Winifrede)
  St Winefride St Winefride
1860
Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
nave
  St Patrick St Patrick
about 1860
Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
nave
  Scenes from the Life of St Winefride Scenes from the Life of St Winefride
firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
about 1861
Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
(liturgical) south wall of the nave
  The Virgin Mary The Virgin Mary
about 1861
Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
nave
  Scenes with St John Fisher and Lady Margaret Beaufort Scenes with St John Fisher and Lady Margaret Beaufort
firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
1936
Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
(liturgical) north wall of the nave
 St John Plessington Priest and Martyr St John Plessington Priest and Martyr
firm/studio: LGS Tectonics
1992
Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
(liturgical) north wall of the nave
  Four Saints Four Saints
about 1909
Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
(liturgical) east wall of the (liturgical) south transept
  St Cecilia and St Anthony of Padua St Cecilia and St Anthony of Padua
about 1909
Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
(liturgical) south wall of the (liturgical) south transept




Other sites at Holywell, Flintshire
St Winifrede's Well and Well Chapel

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017