Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Deiniol, Worthenbury, Wrexham

formerly in: Flintshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ418462
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
There was a chapel on the site by 1388, and a church was built here in 1557, and again in 1658. The present church is a Georgian rebuild of 1736-9 by Richard Tradshaw, under the patronage of the Puleston family.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Works at this site:
  East Window East Window
firm/studio: Betton & Evans
1823 including fragments from the late fourteenth century
Church of St Deiniol, Worthenbury, Wrexham
east wall of the chancel
  St Michael St Michael
artist: A. K. Nicholson
1894
Church of St Deiniol, Worthenbury, Wrexham
south wall of the nave
  Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World
Church of St Deiniol, Worthenbury, Wrexham
south wall of the chancel
  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers
Church of St Deiniol, Worthenbury, Wrexham
north wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Deiniol, Worthenbury, Wrexham height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_7206.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017