Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Thomas a Becket, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SM953153
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church with a thirteenth century tower. The church of Church of St Thomas a Becket was restored in 1853-55 by E.M. Goodwin of London. A north aisle was built in 1854 and rebuilt 1881 by E.H. Lingen Barker. The cost of the 1854 restoration was £1200.

People associated with this site
   as architect: E. H. Lingen Barker


Works at this site:
  Crucifixion and Ascension Crucifixion and Ascension
firm/studio: Mayer & Co.
1881
Church of St Thomas a Becket, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  Faith, Hope and Charity Faith, Hope and Charity
1905
Church of St Thomas a Becket, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave
  The Crucifixion and Ascension The Crucifixion and Ascension
firm/studio: Cox & Son
about 1868
Church of St Thomas a Becket, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave




Other sites at Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire
Church of St Martin
Church of St Mary
Tabernacle Congregational Church

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Thomas a Becket, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_2319.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017