Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Christ Church, Caernarfon, Gwynedd

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH480631
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

church (Anglican)
Church built 1862-4 at a cost of £7610, with a tower of 1885-6. Closed in 1982 and converted into a children's play centre in 1999.

Works at this site:
  Angnus Dei and Angels Angnus Dei and Angels
about 1870
Christ Church, Caernarfon, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel
  Winged Lion, Symbol of St Mark    detail from    The Four Evangelists Winged Lion, Symbol of St Mark
detail from The Four Evangelists

Christ Church, Caernarfon, Gwynedd
chancel
  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers and with Mary and Martha Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers and with Mary and Martha
about 1870
Christ Church, Caernarfon, Gwynedd
west end of the church, now converted to an office space




Other sites at Caernarfon, Caernarfonshire
Church of St Mary
Church of St Peblig

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017