Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Nicholas, Nicholaston, Swansea

formerly in: Glamorgan


Diocese of Swansea & Brecon 

Church of St Nicholas, Nicholaston, Swansea Nicholaston_DSC3239.jpg © University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, photo Martin Crampin

© University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, photo Martin Crampin


larger image


Church (Anglican)

Built in 1892-4 and designed by G.E. Halliday for Olivia Talbot, at a cost of over 2,000. The rebuilt church incorporates fabric from its predecessor, but was kept to the same scale. Lavishly decorated at great expense including carving by William Clarke and stained glass by Burlison and Grylls.

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


People associated with this site
   as architect: G. E. Halliday


Works at this site:
  Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1894
Church of St Nicholas, Nicholaston, Swansea
east wall of the chancel
  St Timothy St Timothy
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1894
Church of St Nicholas, Nicholaston, Swansea
south wall of the chancel
  St John the Baptist St John the Baptist
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1894
Church of St Nicholas, Nicholaston, Swansea
north wall of the sanctuary
  Three Seraphim Three Seraphim
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1894
Church of St Nicholas, Nicholaston, Swansea
south wall of the sanctuary
 The Sweet Psalmist The Sweet Psalmist
about 1894
Church of St Nicholas, Nicholaston, Swansea
north wall of the nave
  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1894
Church of St Nicholas, Nicholaston, Swansea
south wall of the nave
  Angel with a Child Angel with a Child
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1894
Church of St Nicholas, Nicholaston, Swansea
south wall of the nave
  St Nicholas St Nicholas
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1894
Church of St Nicholas, Nicholaston, Swansea
west wall of the nave

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS51258843



Search for further information about Church of St Nicholas, Nicholaston, Swansea on Google


View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Nicholas, Nicholaston, Swansea height=

© University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, photo Martin Crampin








 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024