Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Priory Church of St Michael, Ewenny, Vale of Glamorgan

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS912778
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Former Benedictine Priory. The nave is used as the present parish church, while the presbytery, crossing and south transept are in the care of CADW.
Ewenny Priory.

Works at this site:
  St Michael St Michael
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
designer: Harry Ellis Wooldridge
1876
Priory Church of St Michael, Ewenny, Vale of Glamorgan
east wall of the presbytery
  St Elizabeth and St Luke St Elizabeth and St Luke
firm/studio: G. Maile & Son
about 1935
Priory Church of St Michael, Ewenny, Vale of Glamorgan
west end of the north aisle
  The Nativity The Nativity
about 1930
Priory Church of St Michael, Ewenny, Vale of Glamorgan
west wall of the nave
  Pulpitum Screen Pulpitum Screen
artist: Alexander Beleschenko
2006
Priory Church of St Michael, Ewenny, Vale of Glamorgan
screen dividing the parish church and the former crossing of the priory church



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Priory Church of St Michael, Ewenny, Vale of Glamorgan height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017