Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary Magdalene, Tallarn Green, Wrexham

formerly in: Flintshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ445441
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Victorian church begun in 1872, funded by the Kenyon family.
Closed in 2007.

Works at this site:
  Figures of Christ Figures of Christ
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
about 1880
Church of St Mary Magdalene, Tallarn Green, Wrexham
sanctuary apse
  Virgin and Child with St Joseph, St Elizabeth and St John the Baptist Virgin and Child with St Joseph, St Elizabeth and St John the Baptist
Church of St Mary Magdalene, Tallarn Green, Wrexham
west wall of the nave
  A Saint Calming the Storm A Saint Calming the Storm
about 1975
Church of St Mary Magdalene, Tallarn Green, Wrexham
north wall of the nave
  An Angel Greets the Three Women at the Empty Tomb An Angel Greets the Three Women at the Empty Tomb
artist: Trena Cox
1970
Church of St Mary Magdalene, Tallarn Green, Wrexham
south wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Mary Magdalene, Tallarn Green, Wrexham height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_7145.jpg_MG_9352.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017