Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mor and St Deiniol, Llanfor, Gwynedd

formerly in: Merioneth


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SH9336

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church demolished except lower stages of tower 1874 and rebuilt on the foundations by Edmund Benjamin Ferrey. Church closed 1992. Portions of rood screen of around 1500 remain, along with a series of fine eighteenth century mural monuments, hatchment, seventeenth century bell and memorial stone of perhaps the sixth century. See groundplan on Church Plan Online.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Edmund Benjamin Ferrey


Works at this site:
  Scenes from the Passion and Resurrection of Christ, and the Acts of the Apostles Scenes from the Passion and Resurrection of Christ, and the Acts of the Apostles
firm/studio: Lavers, Barraud & Westlake
1875
Church of St Mor and St Deiniol, Llanfor, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel
  The Twelve Apostles The Twelve Apostles
firm/studio: Lavers, Barraud & Westlake
1875
Church of St Mor and St Deiniol, Llanfor, Gwynedd
south wall of the chancel
  Christ the Good Shepherd Christ the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: A. Seward & Co.
about 1923
Church of St Mor and St Deiniol, Llanfor, Gwynedd
north wall of the nave
  Patterned Glass Patterned Glass
about 1875
Church of St Mor and St Deiniol, Llanfor, Gwynedd
vestry



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017