Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Michael, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SM988013

Church (Anglican)
Dates from at least the thirteenth century, initially a possession of nearby Monkton Priory. Rebuilt in 1832 by the architect T. Rowlands, and extensive renovation and rebuilding in 1887 by E.H. Lingen Barker.

Church website

People associated with this site
   as architect: E. H. Lingen Barker


Works at this site:
  The Last Supper The Last Supper
firm/studio: Cox & Son
1887
Church of St Michael, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Annunciation The Annunciation
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
about 1922
Church of St Michael, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the south aisle
  The Presentation of Christ in the Temple The Presentation of Christ in the Temple
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
about 1917
Church of St Michael, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire
west wall of the north aisle
  Richard the Lionheart and St David Richard the Lionheart and St David
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
about 1917
Church of St Michael, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire
north wall of north aisle
  St George and St Nicholas St George and St Nicholas
firm/studio: Percy Bacon Brothers
about 1918
Church of St Michael, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire
north wall of north aisle




Other sites at Pembroke, Pembrokeshire
Church of St Mary

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017