Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Ust and St Dyfrig, Llanwrin, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH786035
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Late medieval church, largely of the fifteenth century but on an earlier site. A dedication to St Gwrin, which gave rise to the placename, is also in use, although tradition accords the original dedication to Ust and Dyfrig. Restored by Benjamin Ferrey in 1864.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: Benjamin Ferrey


Works at this site:
  Christ the Good Shepherd Christ the Good Shepherd
1949
Church of St Ust and St Dyfrig, Llanwrin, Powys
south wall of the chancel
  East Window East Window
1461-1483, restored in or after 1864
Church of St Ust and St Dyfrig, Llanwrin, Powys
east wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Ust and St Dyfrig, Llanwrin, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017