Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Tydecho, Llanymawddwy, Gwynedd

formerly in: Merioneth


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH903190
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church rebuilt in 1854 on a medieval, perhaps ancient, site; the discovery of a sixth century inscribed stone in 1746 providing good evidence that the church was an early medieval foundation. The font is twelfth century. The church was rebuilt for the Revd John Williams (1811-1862), who may have acted as the architect. At this time the chancel and south porch were added. Chancel and nave furnishings were added by Harold Hughes in the 1930s. St Tydecho's was closed for worship in 2006.

Works at this site:
  Christ with St David and St Tydecho Christ with St David and St Tydecho
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
1864
Church of St Tydecho, Llanymawddwy, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel
  Samuel and Jonathan Samuel and Jonathan
1893
Church of St Tydecho, Llanymawddwy, Gwynedd
north wall of the nave
  St Luke and Cornelius St Luke and Cornelius
about 1899
Church of St Tydecho, Llanymawddwy, Gwynedd
south wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Tydecho, Llanymawddwy, Gwynedd height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
Llanymawddwy_DSC3878A.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017