Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH329315
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church on the pilgrim route to Bardsey, the nave perhaps dating back to the thirteenth century. The church was restored by Henry Kennedy in 1865 and the tower added in 1895.

Works at this site:
  A Fallen Soldier with Christ and Angels A Fallen Soldier with Christ and Angels
firm/studio: William Aikman
1918
Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
south wall of the nave
  St George and St David with the Crown of Life St George and St David with the Crown of Life
firm/studio: William Aikman
about 1918
Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
south wall of the nave
  Scenes from the Life of Christ Scenes from the Life of Christ
about 1865
Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel
  The Good Samaritan and Christ the Good Shepherd The Good Samaritan and Christ the Good Shepherd
about 1865
Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
south wall of the chancel
  Christ Walking on the Water and the Miraculous Draught of Fishes Christ Walking on the Water and the Miraculous Draught of Fishes
about 1865
Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
north wall of the sanctuary
  The Adoration of the Shepherds The Adoration of the Shepherds
about 1944
Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
south wall of the nave
  St Petrog St Petrog
firm/studio: Classical Glass
1997
Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
south wall of the nave
  Medieval Fragments Medieval Fragments
probably about 1500, reset mid-nineteenth century
Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
west wall



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017