Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St John the Baptist, Penymynydd, Flintshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ304628
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church built in 1843 at a cost of over £3,000, at the expense of Sir Stephen Glynne and his family. Designed by John Buckler and built by Mr Nettle. Soon after, the church was decoratived throughout by the first curate, Revd J. E. Troughton.

Works at this site:
  Scenes from the Passion and Resurrection of Christ Scenes from the Passion and Resurrection of Christ
artist: John Ellis Troughton
about 1850
Church of St John the Baptist, Penymynydd, Flintshire
north and south walls of the nave
  Virgin and Child between Two Angels Virgin and Child between Two Angels
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
about 1910
Church of St John the Baptist, Penymynydd, Flintshire
east wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St John the Baptist, Penymynydd, Flintshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_1391.jpg_MG_1342.jpg_MG_1390.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017