Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St James, Pyle, Bridgend

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SS8282

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Fifteenth century and all of a piece to replace the church at Kenfig, which, like the town, was being engulfed in the sand-dunes. One of the least altered of Glamorgan's medieval churches.

Works at this site:
  The Good Samaritan The Good Samaritan
architect: Karl Parsons
1929
Church of St James, Pyle, Bridgend
south wall
  David and Jonathan David and Jonathan
artist: William Glasby
1927
Church of St James, Pyle, Bridgend
south wall of the nave
  Crucifixion, Christ the Light of the World and Good Shepherd Crucifixion, Christ the Light of the World and Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Charles Powell
1921
Church of St James, Pyle, Bridgend
east wall of the chancel
  St James and St John St James and St John
artist: Alfred L. Wilkinson
1950
Church of St James, Pyle, Bridgend
south wall of the sanctuary
  Samuel in the Temple and the Finding of Moses Samuel in the Temple and the Finding of Moses
firm/studio: Charles Powell
1922
Church of St James, Pyle, Bridgend
north wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St James, Pyle, Bridgend height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017