Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Thomas a Becket, Wolvesnewton, Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST454997
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church with some late fifteenth and early sixteenth century work. Restored 1855-7 by John Norton. John Newman, in The Buildings of Wales: Gwent/Monmouthshire (UWP 2000) p.602 says that the 1924 sanctuary furnishing and stained glass by Camm & Co. are a War Memorial, but this is not so. The work is to commemorate a member of the Hood family of Tredean, a former churchwarden.

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Norton


Works at this site:
  Sir Galahad's Vision of the Holy Grail Sir Galahad's Vision of the Holy Grail
designer: Walter Camm
firm/studio: T. W. Camm & Co.
1924
Church of St Thomas a Becket, Wolvesnewton, Monmouthshire
south wall of the sanctuary
 Angelic Ministration to the Christ Child Angelic Ministration to the Christ Child
designer: Walter Camm
firm/studio: T. W. Camm & Co.
1924
Church of St Thomas a Becket, Wolvesnewton, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Thomas a Becket, Wolvesnewton, Monmouthshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017