Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St David and St Cyfelach, Llangyfelach, Swansea

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SS6498

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Only tower (now freestanding) remains of the medieval church. In 1850 a nearby barn was turned into the nave of a replacement church, and a chancel added. The whole remodelled 1913-4 by W. D. Caroe.

People associated with this site
   as architect: W. D. Caröe


Works at this site:
  The Parable of the Sower and Christ the Good Shepherd The Parable of the Sower and Christ the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
1947
Church of St David and St Cyfelach, Llangyfelach, Swansea
north wall of the nave
  St Luke the Evangelist St Luke the Evangelist
artist: Tim Lewis
1963
Church of St David and St Cyfelach, Llangyfelach, Swansea
north wall of the nave
  Christ in Majesty with Scenes from the Gospels Christ in Majesty with Scenes from the Gospels
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
Church of St David and St Cyfelach, Llangyfelach, Swansea
south wall
  The Annunciation The Annunciation
designer: John Edwards
firm/studio: Glantawe Studios
2002
Church of St David and St Cyfelach, Llangyfelach, Swansea
south wall of the chancel
  Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and Saints Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and Saints
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1916
Church of St David and St Cyfelach, Llangyfelach, Swansea
east wall of the chancel
  St Dubricius St Dubricius
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1916
Church of St David and St Cyfelach, Llangyfelach, Swansea
north wall of the sanctuary




Other sites at Llangyfelach, Glamorgan
Mynydd Bach Chapel

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St David and St Cyfelach, Llangyfelach, Swansea height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_5279.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017